Monday, July 28, 2008

Carry groceries: the tetris challenge

Depending on the type of scooter, you may or may not have ample storage capacity. For example, a Honda ruckus (see image below) has no storage, so you're basically SOL.*
But on my scooter, I have maximum storage ability, including: an underseat helmet compartment, a front bag hook, and an additional Givi trunk compartment. Believe it or not, I can carry a week's worth of groceries on my scooter.


[Groceries in cart]



[Same groceries in scooter compartments. Magic!]

All it takes is some forward thinking and a little practice from playing tetris. Obviously, big items such as bulk rolls of paper towels from Costco will not fit, but perishable and fragile items such as fruit, glass jars, and even eggs will fit nicely if you plan ahead.

Space can be further supplemented with a backpack or messenger bag. Wow, what a knowledgeable and helpful post! This deserves a:



[*SOL = sh*t outta luck]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish I had that much storage on my bicycle, and I have to pedal!

- T

www.MostEmailedNews.com

jaybruzz said...

First, the fact that you have a scooter is outstanding. Secondly, it's quit the coincidence because I'm hoping to post a video of me taking a scooter to work online. They basically have scooter taxis here, which is a pretty cool experience

Meghan W-T said...

Scooter taxis! Ray, I think we've found a little side business for you!

You might have to relax on the 1 Masian per scooter rule, though.